Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My First Time


This is my first post to the exciting world of Momily, so bear with me! It's weird not knowing who I'm "talking" to, but I'm just going to assume it's all the usual suspects and a couple of strangers and leave it at that.

I've been thinking about starting a blog for some time and then recently my friend Angela suggested that I really should do this, as what the world really needs is yet another mommy blog! OK, she didn't exactly use those words, but who am I to argue with someone who actually wants to hear my voice!!

In this blog, I would love to turn out the kind of insightful prose that is contained in Salon.com's "Mothers Who Think," but in actuality I think this is just going to be a place where I vent about motherhood, revel in motherhood, write about my motherhood experience and (not unimportantly!) talk about things other than motherhood. I also hope this blog serves as a way to keep in touch with all my many (sniff!) long-distance pals.

I anticipate that my entries will be "Denis Leary meets Douglas Coupland," only more feminine (OK - that's a joke!).

Anyway, that's all for my first time . . . and I suppose it's pretty typical as far as first times go - boring, anticlimactic and a little painful. I'm so glad that's out of the way; it can only get better from here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home