Thursday, February 28, 2008

Follow-ups

I’ve been out of commission for awhile – healthwise – hence the long absence. A blog post is coming soon about all this, but I thought I would provide a few other updates in the meantime.

We now have our new dog, Lucy! We have had her for about 3 weeks. It’s been a bit of a hard go – she is quiet, reserved and keeps to herself. She is mostly friendly, occasionally aloof, never aggressive or anything. She just does not seem happy here yet and I don’t think she feels comfortable or at home. I hope this changes soon. She is not much of a cuddler or watch dog or playmate, which I also hope changes. The plus side is that her behavior is good and she is “easy” (excellently housetrained!). She is something of an “Anti-Petey” – super easy behavior and demeanor wise, but not too affectionate.


She is possibly the hairiest beast on the planet. She has mostly shed out her winter coat (in great big disgusting clumps!) and is still losing a lot of hair. I hope this is seasonal, as this will require a lot of maintenance if not. My cleaning ladies are not impressed – I feel a surcharge coming on, even if I’m vacuuming and sweeping a great deal inbetween their visits!

Daniel has been in his big boy bed for almost a month and is doing a great. This transition has been ridiculously easy. Potty training, on the other hand, is non-existent – the potty is the Antichrist to him. It terrifies him to sit on it nude and he is only interested in trying to drive his trucks into it and around it.

I am going to be a mother of two in approximately 43 days or less. Um, eek?!

The upcoming Alberta election has us quite engaged as our friend Earl is running in the Premier’s riding and my father-in-law is also running for the Alberta Liberals. I sort of feel like a Kennedy (if they were low-rent and never won anything!).

‘Til next time!

1 Comments:

At 8:40 AM , Blogger kittenpie said...

Hi! I just found your comment on kittenpie reads and wanted to come say hello and thanks for dropping by. I love finding more children's librarians!

And I see by your sidebar that congratulations are in order, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home