Monday, February 02, 2009

Pillow talk

A few weeks ago marked the NINE YEAR anniversary of our first date (D. Sr. and me, in case you aren’t clear!). In June of this year we will celebrate five years of marriage. Kind of amazing, no? Here is a heart-warming account of what a typical old-married morning looks like:

Several days ago, L.E. woke up at 8am, which is certainly not early, but as it was a rough night, we were groggy nonetheless.

D. Sr. retrieved the girl-child and brought her to play in bed with us. I was not fully awake and still in my “not a morning person” disorientation.

D. Sr. [seemingly out of nowhere]: Are you stressed?

Momily: Huh? What? Why?

D. Sr.: I just noticed that your face is covered in zits. Are you stressed?

Momily [hurt, angry, now fully awake]: What?!

D. Sr.: I guess I haven’t REALLY looked at you for awhile.

Momily: stream of expletives

Wow! Isn’t this the epitome of true love and marital bliss demonstrated in 30 seconds of conversation?

So, yes, my skin looks like it did at fourteen due to some grand combination of a terrible cold, my period, family fun, the kids being sick, and the home being dry as hell due to winter in Alberta. But still, dear, do you need to kick me when I’m down?!


Let’s just say, it’s a really good thing that he occasionally does things like buy me gorgeous flowers for no reason and pick up dinner. Anyway, hon, if you are reading this happy anniversaries!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home