Tuesday, August 29, 2006

3 unrelated paragraphs about nothing

The lead up to September always feels like the real “new year” is about to begin doesn’t it? At least that’s how it normally is for me and this year is no exception with me going “back to work” soon and D. Jr. starting daycare. A few “new beginnings” this fall. I was musing about this – how this is more “new year” than January 1, 2007 will be - when it kind of struck me that as I want my next child to be only 2-3 years younger than Daniel, 2007 will likely be quite “new” as I will probably be pregnant with a brand new child for a good portion of it. Hard to believe that somewhere in the next 12 months I get to be as big as whale all over again. I’m not exactly sure what made me think of all that . . .

I was talking to a friend the other day and she said that the blog is "great," (I'll settle for okay) but that it lulls her into feeling like she’s keeping in touch with me when she’s actually not. I wonder what some of you think of that? Is the blog good or bad in that respect? I do feel like I am “keeping in touch” with some of you through the blog, but let’s face it we aren’t really. I think the blog HAS cut down on how often I call folks or how often they call me, but who knows? It’s summer and I have a kid, after all – in other words we’re all busy! So, is my blog (or blogs in general) replacing real conversation? Are we still communicating even if all we’re doing is posting comments? PLEASE COMMENT AWAY . . . or call me.

And you should know . . . that I’m away for the upcoming long weekend and a few days around it. I imagine I will post one more time before we leave, and then nothing until probably Wednesday of next week. I know I promised a posting during the first day of daycare, but I don’t think that will happen. I anticipate that you’ll get to hear all about the first day of baby barracks next week and you will also get to find about our exciting travel-vacation experience with a baby.

Need some amusement? Try these: http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/index_surveys.shtml

4 Comments:

At 7:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was me!

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger Momily said...

Perhaps our comments could have a bit more "meat" to them =:)

 
At 9:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree about the feeling of connectedness the blog creates. Ro and I definitely feel like we are much more in touch with you than we really are. We both read the blog, will discuss what is going on, the funny parts, etc. But you're not getting the direct feedback, nor you hearing about what we're up to (which usually isn't much, but nonetheless). So a strangely contradictory result - we feel more connected (and maybe you do as well by posting) without offering up anything of ourselves. Having said that, I don't think the blog has replaced conversation between us - we're in touch with you about as much as usual, I think.

Shannon

 
At 9:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an admitedly biased opinion:
Personally, I just LOVE the blog and look forward with great anticipation to each new post. I find it does help to keep us "in touch" more. I get to "hear" i.e. read your news and more importantly your thoughts behind all that's been going on in your life. Also, I so enjoy your sense of humour--- always have, always will!!! I always seem to find the the bit of time it takes to check the blog every day or two and I know that I certainly wouldn't be calling you every couple of days (much as I'd like to).So, while there's certainly a positive and a negative aspect to all this blogging, all in all, I think the positive far outweighs the negative.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home