Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hey, lady!

So, when I’m very sleep deprived and frustrated and in the mall food court with my sister-in-law and between the two of us we have 4 kids 3 and under and on we’re on our way out and I accidentally bump into my son with the shopping cart after he has decided to unexpectedly launch himself off the stage set up in said food court and he’s crying and I yell at him a bit for goofing off, please don’t give me the evil eye that is equal parts “You’re a bad, unsympathetic mom” and “Quiet that kid up.” You see, it takes every fibre of my being to not come over and be in your face making a scene, which I probably would have done if I only had one kid with me except it wouldn’t have happened if I only had one kid with me. Just sayin’. Mmm, kay?!

5 Comments:

At 2:20 PM , Blogger Laura said...

just wait...a couple of more kids, and you WILL be getting all in their face!!! I have lost the patience required of an exhausted mother with children in public facing the judgments of the assholes that surround her...and yes, now, I do find myself reacting to those evil glances.

I swear, I am going to get my ass kicked one day.

 
At 3:02 PM , Blogger Momily said...

LOL!!

 
At 2:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget that before you had kids you were probably the lady giving the evil eye.

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger Momily said...

Moi?

 
At 3:40 PM , Blogger Momily said...

Perhaps, but she was with big kids so she should know better. My new vow is to remember to help frazzled, harried moms even YEARS from now when i have big kids. I'm always astounded that hardly anyone will do things like open a door for you, etc. when you have a stroller, toddler, etc.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home