Monday, March 12, 2007

Mahatma Ghana

Sometimes watching the news is all the hilarity I need in a day.

This morning I was watching the news and the female cohost presented a piece on a local group of Ghanians and other Africans who threw a party to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Ghana’s independence.

The newscaster kept referring to people from Ghana as Ghandians. I find this hilarious. She said it more than once and it has been with me all day. I keep picturing a bunch of thin, bespectacled, balding folks whooping it up. Perhaps Britney is becoming a Ghandian.

I even acknowledge that Ghandian could be a correct/acceptable term for folks from Ghana, even though the only terms I can find are Ghanian and Ghanaian. However, even if it is correct, it is still the worst word choice ever!!

I strongly suspect, though, that it’s not correct! And, I’m pretty sure that the gal on TV couldn’t tell you the difference between Ghana and Ghandi.

Either way, congratulations to Ghandians everywhere!

1 Comments:

At 2:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salma Says: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home