Sunday, May 20, 2007

As for me and my (new) house

So it’s official! We take possession of our new house on June 4th and hope that all goes well with selling our current home to the new folks for June 7th.

As I type this and look around my surroundings I’m not sure how we will packed and ready to go that quickly.

As for why we are doing this:

We found our dream home! Completely renovated; beautiful kitchen; nice yard; 500 square feet bigger; we face a park! It’s 10 blocks away from our current place so the big things - work commutes, daycares, proximity to family - stay the same. We love this area of our city and jumped on the dream home that isn’t in the ‘burbs. We are 10 minutes from downtown, decent shopping and both have insanely easy and short commutes!

I have wanted to move for awhile. Our house has always felt like my “current house” not my “forever house.” I think the new home is really our forever house . . . at the very least the house we will be in provided that we don’t end up moving to another province or country!

Yes, the market here is insane! So while we are buying in a crazy market, we are also selling in one.

As for what I’m stressed about:

Is this the right thing to do?

$$$$$$$$$

Daniel in a new house/moving Daniel.

Petey in a new house/moving Petey.

Packing.

Lawyers, realtors, bankers, insurance,

Packing.

Moving.

$$$$$$$$$

As for what I’m happy about:

We got more than we asked for re: current home!

I’m getting my dream home!

We are selling our house to one of the 8 black people in this city! Seriously, they may be very well be the only black people in this neighbourhood. This city and especially this neighbourhood ain't exactly as multi-cultural as most big centres. Viva diversity!

So that’s it in a nutshell! A big event for us and I will try to keep all y’all posted and put up some pics soon.

2 Comments:

At 1:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are soo happy for you all! D Jr. will adjust just fine! :) Can't wait to see the pics.

 
At 10:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too -- big hearty congrats! Em, this is fantastic, can't wait to see it. . . still hoping for pics if you get them early! Ali xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home