Lifelong learning, y’all
What I’ve learned since you last checked in with me:
- Travelling with kids is really freakin’ tough
- Travelling with kids makes you appreciate home
- Travelling with kids makes you appreciate “just okay”
- A vacation with kids forces you to enjoy the small and simple things . . . like sunshine or the hotel’s swimming pool. This is actually a blessing.
- Adults with the flu are really not much better at coping with it than kids are. Perhaps even worse!
- I have finally become OK with the fact that I WANT and NEED to work part-time even though we don’t need me to work. . .
- Because me being at work makes me a better and happier mom and a better and happier person. I need that “me” thing, “selfish” or not! I’ve kind of shifted my thinking on this and it is liberating. I don’t feel “bad” anymore about choosing to work three days/week.
- But . . . the mom guilt about daycare is NOT easier the second time around. L.E. adjusting to daycare (and me adjusting to her being in daycare) is just as hard and stressful the second time around. This too shall pass and it will be ok.
- My wee baby turning one has me equally considering not having any more children and wildly, crazily going for three in a year or two.
I’ve also learned:
- how to Twitter, kind of
- that Bob Geldof was in the Boomtown Rats (how did I not know this?)
- what the song “I Don’t Like Mondays” is really about
- that the octo-mom was a stripper
What can I say? I love to learn!